This morning I upgraded my nested lab from 6.0 to 6.0 U1 and experienced no issues at all. A physical setup may act different so do your tests.
PSC + vCenter upgrade:
1. Popped the iso file in, the setup detected that an embedded PSC and vCenter were installed on the machine:
2. It then stopped all vCenter Services and brought them back up:
3. It wasn’t long before it said it was all done with the install.
4. Upgraded VUM next:
After detecting a previous install of VUM, the setup offered to keep my VUM database or overwrite with a new one. I chose to keep the existing one as I wanted to retain historical data.
Finally it registered itself with vCenter:
5. To complete the upgrade, I used VUM to upgrade my nested hosts from 6.0 to 6.0 U1 with no issues so far.
I’m going to create a nested stretched VSAN 6.1 in my lab next, I may post up about it if I find anything that stands out. Till then, keep studyin!