Your prod vROps instance is down and you don’t know which services are affected. So how do you tell?
- Console to your affected vROps instance.
- Login or enable SSH and putty in (as the root account (or one with sufficient privileges). SSH isn’t up by default, to enable run service sshd start. To have it running permanently (perhaps not recommended in security conscious organisations), run chkconfig sshd on. Moving on..
- Run chkconfig to see the status of all your services. Run chkconfig | less to move through them slowly with carriage returns.
- To check the service of the various vROps services run service vmware-vcops status
- Troubleshoot accordingly.